Magnets are all around us, from our computers to our toys to our appliances and cell phones. They come in all shapes, sizes, and strengths. Bud Buttons incorporate a neodymium magnet into its design to achieve its magnetic clip functionality. There are many fears and myths surrounding magnets. Some are true, some are not, and some are a mix of both or unproven. For liability reasons we cannot make specific claims about the safety or dangers of magnets as they pertain to our products. We ask that our customers exercise common sense and appropriate caution when using our magnetic products. That being said, here are a few general guidelines:
- Magnets are brittle. They should not be dropped or banged together, as this could cause them to break and/or expose sharp edges.
- People with medical implants or devices (i.e. pacemakers, defibrillators, etc.) should avoid close proximity to magnets until consulting a medical professional.
- Keep magnets away from small children, as they could pose a choking hazard and other health risks if swallowed.
- While we are not aware of any health risks, pregnant women should consult their doctor before using magnetic products.
- Persons with ear or body piercings should exercise caution when using magnets, as they may pull or pinch at the metal in the earrings, studs, etc.
- Do not send Bud Buttons through the washing machine or dryer. Magnets may become attached to the inside of your appliance, interfering with its cleaning performance and potentially causing undue wear on your clothing. High temperatures may cause the neodymium magnet to lose its magnetic properties.
- Cleaning: If plastic or rubber components become dirty, wipe gently with damp soft cloth (mild soap may be used). Be sure to wipe dry thoroughly. If metal components become dirty, wipe gently with dry soft cloth. Do not submerge Bud Buttons in water, as this may cause the metal components to rust. Do not use harsh cleaners or abrasive materials to clean your Bud Buttons.
On a personal note: I anticipate that the most common questions people will ask about Bud Buttons is whether or not they will erase or damage a smart phone or mp3 player, and whether or not Bud Buttons will in any way degrade the audio quality of the headphones being used. While I cannot make specific claims about what you will or will not experience, I can say that I have put as many as 10 Bud Button clips directly on the face of my iPhone 5 without any noticeable affects. I have personally used Bud Buttons throughout the past 3 years of product development with a variety of headphone brands/styles and have not noticed any degradation of audio quality. I thoroughly enjoy using Bud Buttons, having found them to be an excellent way to control my ear bud cord while running, biking, or just working around the house. - Joe
Attention Bike Riders: Depending on your particular state and local law, wearing/using headphones or earbuds may be restricted or even illegal while riding on public roadways. It's important to check with your state and local municipality to make sure you are abiding by any applicable headset device laws.